Happy Plastic-Free July!! It’s a worldwide challenge to avoid single-use plastic, and is a perfect thing to do for this month’s goal, Reduce! Here are some ways to reduce disposable plastic, and feel free to give more suggestions in the comments.
• If you can, reuse shopping bags and produce bags — a tip is that you don’t have to buy reusable ones, you can just reuse paper or plastic ones! • If you can’t, reuse them as trash bags
• Buy food in glass jars instead of plastic
• Use bars of soap, floss, deodorant, etc. with paper wrappers instead of plastic
• Use reusable coffee cups, straws, and cutlery when you eat out, and avoid takeout in plastic packaging
• Buy food with less packaging
•Use bamboo toothbrushes
• Buy clothes made from natural fibers
• Store food in reusable containers
• Reuse plastic containers if you can’t avoid getting them
Visit plasticfreejuly.org for more suggestions! You can also play trivia on freetheocean.com to remove plastic from the oceans, or use Ocean Hero as a search engine.
We can do this! Comment with what you’re doing for Plastic-Free July! Thank you for participating, Potatoes!